Make Your Concrete Floors Look Like New with Concrete Polishing Barrie
Do you want to upgrade your floors without spending a lot of money? It’s a common misconception that a flooring upgrade means replacing an old floor with a new one. But experts believe that polishing your old concrete floor can also make it look new. There are two advantages if you go for concrete polishing: you will not have to go through the hassle of replacing your old floor. And secondly, it will cost less compared to installing a new floor made from a different material.
There is another misconception about concrete floors. Many people say that concrete floors don’t have the shine and beauty like tile or marble floors as they have a blunt or matte finish. Sure, they don’t look so glorifying as tile or marble floors, but that’s because people don’t pay attention to polishing them. Like most flooring materials, concrete also needs polishing to give a shiny look.
Why do you need concrete polishing?
Interior design, low maintenance, and modern flooring are three reasons why you may need concrete polishing. Some of the concrete polishing Barrie that you can expect are as follows:
• Floor polishing for retail spaces and showrooms
• Floor polishing for warehouses and industrial areas
• Concrete finishing, concrete staining, and concrete grinding
• Residential concrete floor polishing
Concrete floors have tons of benefits. They are long-lasting, thus investing in these floors would be worth every penny, they are eco-friendly, they can withstand high temperature and pressure, they don’t damage easily, and they look aesthetically pleasing. Do these properties go away if you polish concrete floors? They don’t. That means you not only get a shiny floor but also retain the top-notch features that concrete floors offer.
Concrete floor polishing techniques
There are five steps involved in polishing concrete floors:
1. The first step starts after the experts determine the hardness of the floor. They test three different areas to get an idea of the amount of pressure they may apply while polishing.
2. The second step involves grinding the floor thoroughly. It takes approximately two to six times to grind the floor to remove any type of coating. This step also repairs cracks or holes in the floor, if any.
3. The next step is adding protection to the floor by applying a densifier. It also gives a stained finish to the concrete floor, making it look different from other concrete floors.
4. Once the experts finish applying the densifier, they will move on to polishing the floor with a 3000 resin grit. The process is similar to polishing a marble floor. In fact, it’s hard to differentiate between a marble floor and a polished concrete floor once the experts finish their job.
5. Lastly, the professionals will add a mixture of oil, chemicals, and grease to seal the surface and burnish the floor for maximum shine.
A team of highly skilled staff will arrive at your property, note down the area they need to cover, and source materials accordingly. Concrete polishing Barrie usually takes a few days to complete. But once it is done, you may not be able to take your eyes off the floor for a few minutes!